"This is also a great recipe for caramel apples or popcorn."
|Brown sugar||2 1/4 Cup|
|Sweetened condensed milk||1 can|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup|
- Using high heat, melt butter in a 2 qt. microwave-safe bowl (preferably one with a handle).
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except vanilla and nuts. Mix well.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir well.
- Microwave again on medium (70%) for 5 to 12 minutes (often 12). Cooking time will vary with different ovens.
- Candy is done when it reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer, or soft ball stage.
- While caramel is cooking, prepare a 9 x 11" pan by coating sides and bottom with butter. Spread nuts in pan.
- When caramel is done, stir in vanilla.
- Pour caramel over nuts and allow to cool in the refrigerator
- When candy has hardened, push it out onto a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Wrap pieces in waxed paper squares.